Re: neuro and fuzzy control

Subject: Re: neuro and fuzzy control
From: Kevin FitzGerrell (kfitz@gci.net)
Date: Tue Oct 31 2000 - 14:47:11 MET

In article <39F7ED8D.2669C98B@gw.bsuir.unibel.by>,
  Dmitry Gromov <gromov@gw.bsuir.unibel.by> wrote:
> Hi All!
>
> Some questions about neuro and fuzzy control:
> 1. Where can i find introductory matherials about specialized neuro,
> fuzzy and neurofuzzy chips for control purposes?

Motorola has a nice collection of articles on fuzzy and neurofuzzy,
many of which are related to the use of the inference engines on their
chips -- see: http://www.mot.com/pub/SPS/MCU/fuzzy/ . You can get
KBG.exe (a knowledge base generator) from here for use with their
68HC05 and 68HC11 chips (a simple place to start) and the tutorial is
there as tutor.doc.

TI has a variety of fuzzy material, see especially:
http://www-s.ti.com/sc/psheets/spra028/spra028.pdf

The book "Fuzzy Logic & NeuroFuzzy Applications Explained" by
Constantin von Altrock is a good intro for building and using fuzzy and
neurofuzzy systems both on chips and on systems.

FuzzyTech (From Inform Software Corporation, Inform GmbH) has some nice
software for building fuzzy and neurofuzzy systems that generates code
for a variety of applications including Motorola's and Texas
Instruments chips. Their web site should be www.fuzzytech.com, but I
couldn't reach it when I tried. They have a free demo version of their
software that is very good.

Hope some of the above is useful -- Opinions are my own and not those
of my employer.

Regards,

Kevin FitzGerrell
Systems Engineer