fuzzy constraint software

Subject: fuzzy constraint software
young@ncsu.edu
Date: Thu Oct 26 2000 - 16:53:42 MET DST

There is no charge. It is research software and may have a few bugs as
well as no technical support. But if these things are OK then if you email
me at young@ncsu.edu and request it, I will make it available to anyone.

R. Young

+Luca Santillo wrote:
+Hello,
+is this tool free for personal use?
+Luca Santillo
+Rome, IT

> Otto Cordero wrote:
> >Hi, does anyone know where i can find something about fuzzy
> causal >networks,
> >or reasoning in fuzzy causal models... i am developing a network that
> >defines the causal relation between concepts but i want to express the
> >strength of the causality with fuzzy linguistic terms.
> >Thanks a lot.
> >Otto
>
> We have a software system for fuzzy constraint networks -- FuzCon. It
> handles triangular and trapezoidal fuzzy numbers and variables, as well as
> lingusitic variables and terms. It models crisp reals & integers as well
> as strings and characters. It has handled problems with over 6,000
> variables and 8,000 constraints distributed over multiple computers with
> mixed data types. We have modeled lots of causal relationships with it so
> it may work for you. It runs under Win98, WinNT & Win2000. Probably
under
> WinME but we have not tested it. If this is of interest, email me at
> young@ncsu.edu and you can have a copy plus documentation.
>
> R. Young

Dr. Robert E. Young
Professor of Industrial Engineering
Department of Industrial Engineering, campus box 7906
North Carolina State University
Raleigh, NC 27695-7906 USA
personal site: www.ie.ncsu.edu/young
research site: www.ie.ncsu.edu/wisdem