Illusions

Subject: Illusions
From: Al Seckel (seckel@klab.caltech.edu)
Date: Tue Oct 24 2000 - 14:17:29 MET DST

Greetings,

Quite a number of vision and cognitive scientists have urged me to send
out a notification of my recently published book on illusions, which
contains many new effects, as well as the traditional classic ones. It
is the best published collection so far.

Although the book is in a popular format, the over 160 full page
illustrations are of high quality and in color, which makes it
worthwhile collection for anyone studying vision and cognitive science.

It is available for $17.00 at amazon.com

I am actively researching illusions, and have assembled the largest
collection of such effects in the world. Many of you will be familiar
with my web site (www.illusionworks.com) that is heavily cited. If you
have discovered some new effects, I would be most interested in hearing
about them, as I am preparing an authoritative treatise for MIT Press.

Appreciatively,

Al Seckel
Shimojo Laboratory of Psychophysics
Division of Computational and Neural Systems
California Institute of Technology
Pasadena, CA 91105