Re: fuzzy causal networks

Subject: Re: fuzzy causal networks
young@ncsu.edu
Date: Tue Oct 24 2000 - 12:14:56 MET DST

Otto Cordero wrote:
>Hi, does anyone know where i can find something about fuzzy
causal >networks,
>or reasoning in fuzzy causal models... i am developing a network that
>defines the causal relation between concepts but i want to express the
>strength of the causality with fuzzy linguistic terms.
>Thanks a lot.
>Otto

We have a software system for fuzzy constraint networks -- FuzCon. It
handles triangular and trapezoidal fuzzy numbers and variables, as well as
lingusitic variables and terms. It models crisp reals & integers as well
as strings and characters. It has handled problems with over 6,000
variables and 8,000 constraints distributed over multiple computers with
mixed data types. We have modeled lots of causal relationships with it so
it may work for you. It runs under Win98, WinNT & Win2000. Probably under
WinME but we have not tested it. If this is of interest, email me at
young@ncsu.edu and you can have a copy plus documentation.

R. Young

Dr. Robert E. Young
Professor of Industrial Engineering
Department of Industrial Engineering, campus box 7906
North Carolina State University
Raleigh, NC 27695-7906 USA
personal site: www.ie.ncsu.edu/young
research site: www.ie.ncsu.edu/wisdem