ANN: Web page on Analogy and AI, AIbugs program

Subject: ANN: Web page on Analogy and AI, AIbugs program
From: Valeri Sitnikov (Valerij.Sitnikov@mow.siemens.ru)
Date: Tue Oct 17 2000 - 20:37:09 MET DST

Here is the message I posted before and which was kindly deleted by
angelfire. I have re-uploaded the same content to the new location at
fortunecity. I would be very glad if you could please check it down there.

Hello !

I would very much appreciate if anybody could find some time to check my
page on Analogy and AI. It has a paper and a little program simulating a
thinking bug. I am sorry for the poor page design, and looking forward for
your feedback.

http://members.fortunecity.com/vvssvv/

I should say that I have already found some English language bugs, and I
apologize for further bugs. They will be corrected in the next version.

Thank you very much in advance. Any comments are very valuable for me !

Regards,
Valeri

P. S. Here is the readme file:

   AI Bugs V 1.0

This program simulates intelligent bug. The scenario is the following:

A bug is put into a maze or just a field 10x10 squares and it immediately
starts moving in random directions. Possible directions are vertical or
horizontal and have numbers according to the position:

321
4X0
567

where X is the bug.

The bug itself can do nothing for the very beginning, but just going
to random directions (standard Delphi random generate was used) till
it starts ... thinking. Thinking process is realized based on analogy
algorithms which I have invented. Every time the bug can find a route
without bricks of length 3 (f.e. 000 - moving 3 squares to the right)
it stores it in the bug's memory. And the moment you request the bug
to think it starts creating possible ways by itself by analogy
according to his previous experience on walking in the maze. This is
the only thing what the bug does, although even this leads it to find
the exit... I don't know why.

The bug program has several options. First of all when you press
button "Stop" file Bug.mem is created. In this file you can find all
bug's experience in walking in the maze (including its thoughts if you
requested it to think). During the time the bug is walking you can
change its speed by entering your value in milliseconds, you can mark
"Auto" checkbox, and the bug will use thinking and random moves
automatically. There are two nice features available for experiments:
you can load maze and bug's memory (!) from files. Use menu "File" for
that.

Please, be careful with file formats, I didn't pay much attention to
file parsing, I concentrated more on implementing my analogy
algorithms. But the formats are extremely simple, so you should not
find any difficulties in creating your own maze and bug's memory.

In the end I would like to say that I believe in the key role of Analogy
in creating Artificial Intelligence (or let's say Thinking Being). A
friend of mine and I have been working on this subject for some time
and worked out some concepts, ideas and algorithms. It's still not a
complete theory, and therefore I don't attach links to the documents.

Dear reader, please be sure that your opinion, feedback and support
are vary valuable for me.

Get in touch with me by e-mail at vvssvv@hotmail.com or ICQ at 91743998

Looking forward to hear from you !

Valeri

"Not to solve any particular task of Artificial Intelligence, but to model
thinking itself...".

[ comp.ai is moderated. To submit, just post and be patient, or if ]
[ that fails mail your article to <comp-ai@moderators.isc.org>, and ]
[ ask your news administrator to fix the problems with your system. ]