Re: fuzzy number ranking-maximizing and minimizing sets approach

Subject: Re: fuzzy number ranking-maximizing and minimizing sets approach
From: Paul Victor Birke (nonlinear@home.com)
Date: Tue Oct 17 2000 - 20:28:41 MET DST

chin wen cheong wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> Currently, I am doing some studies in fuzzy number ranking.
> Just wondering anybody have any good articles related to this
> approach-maximizing and minimizing sets in fuzzy number ranking...
*********************
Dear Chin Wen Cheong

I have no papers but I remember reading an interesting result.

Say you have some Fuzzy Ranking 1,2,3,4,5,6 etc. A Pareto Ranking is you
will.

The likelihood that 3 or 4 or 1 and 2 are switched is some finite value,
maybe less than 50:50. But the likelihood that 5 becomes 3 or that 3
becomes 1 is very small, say < 1/100.

This assumes you do a reasonable job of the Fuzzy Ranking in the first
place. Something like Rough Sets, even if you are a little wrong is
does not matter too much for the overall. You more or less have the
overall order correct within an Adjacent Substitution.

Paul V. Birke, P.Eng.
NN Researcher in Guelph ON CANADA