Re: What to read?

Subject: Re: What to read?
From: Gregory L. Hansen (glhansen@steel.ucs.indiana.edu)
Date: Wed Oct 11 2000 - 11:48:58 MET DST

In article <oZJD5.35321$pu4.3843549@typhoon.ne.mediaone.net>,
louise brogan-roache <brogan-roacherentals@mediaone.net> wrote:
>Hello, I am interested to learn about fuzzy logic, set theory, etc. and am
>looking for a good introductory text. I have tried books for laymen by
>McNeil and Kosko for an overview but found them too preaching and threw them
>in the trash. I really don't care about fuzziness vs. whatever, I just want
>to know how it works and where it has proven useful. I have a background in
>math so I'd prefer something that is to the point, backs up what is said,
>and perhaps provides some exercises to work out.

There are some short but decent articles on the web, like

    http://www.landfield.com/faqs/fuzzy-logic/part1/

    http://www.seattlerobotics.org/encoder/mar98/fuz/flindex.html

The first is an introduction to fuzzy math, the second is fuzzy logic in
control systems.

--
"A good plan executed right now is far better than a perfect plan
executed next week."