Much high interest factorness.

Subject: Much high interest factorness.
From: Chris Saunders (Chris%2BSaunders@one.net.au)
Date: Mon Oct 09 2000 - 15:19:54 MET DST

I have come across this "fuzzy logic" stuff not so long ago, and although it
is linked to Artificial Intelligence and involves something called
Artificial Nueral Networks, I don't know much about it.
Can someone please point me towards documentation (or even take the time to
briefly write a reply) that briefly explains the definition of fuzzy logic?

My understanding of it so far is that fuzzy logic is where a small series of
artificial nuerons calculate the "weight" of data they recieve (which I
assume is binary, yes or no, input?). Based on this, they pass on a figure
(or "weight") to the next nueron, and so on. What I want to know, is what
are these "weights", and how does it "learn" a pattern? (ie: what changes
in an artificial nueral net to allow different processing in the future?)

I understand that I am displaying a huge amount of ignorance on the topic
here, but I assure you I am not an idiot, just uneducated on this particular
subject, which I want to learn more about.

Many thanks to any constructive feedback.

--
Chris Saunders GRAPHIC DESIGNER
email chrissaunders@one.net.au