Re: What to read?

Subject: Re: What to read?
predictr@bellatlantic.net
Date: Sun Oct 08 2000 - 21:52:41 MET DST

louise brogan-roache wrote:
"Hello, I am interested to learn about fuzzy logic, set theory, etc. and am
looking for a good introductory text. I have tried books for laymen by McNeil
and Kosko for an overview but found them too preaching and threw them in the
trash. I really don't care about fuzziness vs. whatever, I just want to know how
it works and where it has proven useful. I have a background in math so I'd
prefer something that is to the point, backs up what is said, and perhaps
provides some exercises to work out."

I'd strongly suggest "The Fuzzy Systems Handbook", by Earl Cox. That book
explains the whole thing (about the most popular form of fuuzy rule systems),
from the ground up. Earl Cox has used fuzzy logic in real life for years and
includes real-world examples of its application.

Will Dwinnell
predictr@bellatlantic.net