Re: Q. distinction between 'Tall' and 'Tallest' ?

Subject: Re: Q. distinction between 'Tall' and 'Tallest' ?
From: Breezy (weiz@spam-block.sympac.com.au)
Date: Mon Aug 07 2000 - 17:15:47 MET DST

Tall is a value, technically it's the last part of a universe in which there
are the values small medium and tall.

The universe has its own range defined by its largest and smallest members.

A tall pigmy is likely to be a short basket ball player and this is ok,
because you just understood what I have said.

Fuzzy values, indeed fuzzy logic is a most exciting melee precisely because
it gives us a linguistic way of communicating a knowledge.

so tall poppies, tall drinks, tall buildings, tall mountains, tall grass
blades and tall orders are just the beginning once you get your head around
it.

Rob W