Re: Problem in Fuzzy Risk Analysis

Subject: Re: Problem in Fuzzy Risk Analysis
From: ca314159 (ca314159@bestweb.net)
Date: Mon Aug 07 2000 - 16:40:44 MET DST

In article <20000711221611.16412.qmail@hotmail.com>,
  fuzzy-mail@dbai.tuwien.ac.at wrote:
> The works in fuzzy risks must promote
> the study of the foundations of fuzzy logic.

  Economically speaking, or in terms of physical health ?
  Risk is a very broad subject and relates to many things.
  Fuzzy logic is likewise a very broad subject, which
  has many faces and many names. The newsgroup "comp.ai.fuzzy"
  is itself ironically a distinction that is itself fuzzy.
  Where does fuzzy begin and where does it end ?
  Is it an accountable set, or is it really the _art_ of
  generating "unaccountable facts" ?

  The sample set only accounts for the enumerated elements
  inside it; any use of a sample set to generalize over a
  population yields at best "unaccountable facts".

  Risk, can therefore be a very philosophical topic especially
  when "credit" is analogued with "faith" or "probability".

  Life is largely a self-fullfilling prophesy;
  a paradox of "unaccountable" "facts".

QUANTUM-MIND@LISTSERV.ARIZONA.EDU>
>From: ca314159 <ca314159@bestweb.net>
>Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2000 07:06:17 -0700
>
>Reply to:
>> 1. [Q-Mind] [Robot-for-President] Can a Quantum Computer Compute
>> So-called...- F.W. Poley.
>> Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2000 18:32:53 -0400
>> From: uzi awret <awret@EROLS.COM>
>> Subject: [Q-Mind] [Robot-for-President] Can a Quantum Computer
Compute
>> So-called...- F.W. Poley.
>>
>> From: Franklin Wayne Poley <culturex@vcn.bc.ca>
>> Subject: [Robot-for-President] Can a Quantum Computer Compute
So-called
> [...]
>With such ignorance, rigorous definition of the set A as_a_concept
>is not possible. The set A is only rigorously definable for
>the specific elements which were enumerated. This creates a problem
>when we try to generalize the set A to elements not enumerated in
>it, for purposes of prediction. This same problem arises in
>statistical sampling theory and the zero probability problem in
>probability theory.
>
>Since a definition of the set A is arbitrarily assignable to
>the "inside" or "outside" of a Klein bottle we find that the
>morphism between A and ~A is invertable. We could for instance
>start out with defining some vaguely elemented set A, a Hilbert
>space for instance, and then find out that ~A is enumerable.
>This is what quantum computers, analogically speaking, can do.
>
>The same process is often carried out in our own minds when
>we turn a vague batch of ideas from vague set Question into
>a specific set ~Question (or answer). This is not "consciousness"
>per se, but it leads many to think of consciousness when
>physical processes start to look like the same processes that
>occur in the human mind.
>
>Classical science and mathematics affords us only knowledge of
>the syntax and vocabulary of the "languages" it recognizes. The
>context sensitive semantics and grammars are more the provence
>of the newer quantum paradigm that incorporates the ideas of
>fuzzy logic, quantum logic, and non-binary dualities in general.
>
>This is not strictly speaking in the rhelm of classical science
>anymore than it is in the rhelm of pure philosophy. It is a hybrid
>area of study more akin to art which incorporates both pragmatic
>concerns of technique and contextual elements of expression.
>Because of this, quantum whatever, is related to everything from
>politics to particle theory. It's the duality of distinctions,
>context vs. resolution, that concerns all these areas.
>
>A web search on the word "duality", or "dualism", or related words
>like "paradox", will verify that it is a pervasive problem in all
>areas of the human experience.
>
>The trick is to find "comfort", or a level of context vs. resolution
>which is aesthetic in its subjective experience and pragmatic in
>its objective physical usage: technology. Science and religions
>both become "uncomfortable" when we dissect either of them too
extremely.

>Science forcebly becomes philosophic in the quantum rhelm,
>religion becomes scientific when it is forceably dissected
>to literal concerns. A measurement or an idea are both subject
>to dissection and our devices and/or our minds tell us when
>we cannot, need not, or should not, dissect further.
>
>The logical operator "or" is context sensitive. How many times
>have we perjured its usage to mean "xor" (either but not both)
>or "aor" (and/or).
>
>To answer the question:
> The consequences of such perjurys are paradoxes.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.