Fuzzy expected value

Subject: Fuzzy expected value
From: Chongfu Huang (hchongfu@yahoo.com)
Date: Sat Jun 10 2000 - 07:30:08 MET DST

Dear Gerhard Moeller,

I am sorry it may take some time for you to help me
in fuzzy expected value.

According to the material from your email dated
Sun, 16 Apr 1995 (http://www.dbai.tuwien.ac.at/
marchives/fuzzy-mail95/0460.html), you are
interested in the topic, and you might read some
references about that.

Now, I am studying the risk management of natural
disasters involving complex systems. We cannot
get probability-risk, but only some fuzzy probability.
In our case, the probability value of a crisp event
is a fuzzy number, the probability density function
is a 2-dimension possibility distribution defined on
probability
space and events space. I have to calculate its
expected value.

I have read the papers
[1] Pal, S.K.(1986), Fuzzy Mathematical
Approach to Pattern Recognition. John Wiley, New York.
[2]Zadeh, L.A. (1968), Probability measures of fuzzy
events. Journal of Mathematics Analysis and
Applications
{\bf 23} (1), pp.421-427
[3] Kandel, A. and Byatt, W.J.(1978), Fuzzy sets,
fuzzy
algebra, and fuzzy statistics. Proc. IEEE {\bf
66}(12),
pp.1619-1639
[4]Heilpern, S.(1993), Fuzzy subsets of the space of
probability
measures and expected value of fuzzy variable. Fuzzy
Sets and
Systems {\bf 54}(3), pp.301-309
[5] Romer,. C and Kadel, A.(1995), Statistical tests
for
fuzzy data. Fuzzy Sets and Systems {\bf 72}(1),
pp.1-26
[6] Qiao, Z., Zhang, Y. and Wang, G.Y.(1994),
On fuzzy rendam linear programming. Fuzzy Sets and
Systems {\bf 65}(1), pp.41-49

But, I havenˇ¦t found the model and example I need.
Could you please tell me more references? If you have
internet material related to that, send some to me
please.

Thank you so much for your help.

Sincerely yours
Chongfu Huang