Fuzzy Risk Analysis

Subject: Fuzzy Risk Analysis
From: Francis Wat (99902764r@polyu.edu.hk)
Date: Tue May 23 2000 - 12:17:54 MET DST

Hi!!

I am a MPhil student and currently doing a research related to using
fuzzy logic to assess the overall risk level. Now I already have
identified a list of risk factors. Through using a style like
questionnaire, giving lingustic terms for user to input like "high"
"low" of the that risk factor.
However, I have problem a this stage:

1. There are lists of risk factors, it is difficult to determine the
membership function for each factors because one of the reason is that
e.g. each organziation may feel different perspective of the high or
low. If I define the membership in evenly distributed from 5 lingustic
terms for all risk factors, any problem?? Or have other better method??

2. The input value is a lingustic term, can I translate the lingustic
term to a value and doing a inference and defuzzification?

Thanks A Lots.

Francis.