Re: Thinking & Information Retrieval

Subject: Re: Thinking & Information Retrieval
From: Patrik Bagge (pab@neramd.no)
Date: Wed Apr 26 2000 - 17:39:14 MET DST

James Hunter wrote in message <390662A3.CE1EE896@Jhuapl.edu>...

>Seth Russell wrote:
>
>> James Hunter wrote:

interesting topic. I tend to agree with Arthur,
'input patterns' external/internal affect the focus
of thought. If one suddenly feels pain in the stomach
, the thoughts are going to follow.
The association mechanism is imho a very important
part of our intellectual functionality.
"fly" associates to birds, airplanes, insects, pain in my ears
a little plastic mug wih Baileys with ice etc
This association mechanism seems to play an essential
part in our selection of thought.

> I was talking about the *architecture* of broadcasting,
> not any specific content.

The "architecture" seems to be more organized on the Web.
and probably will increase in the future (XML etc)
No such attempts are made on TV broadcast
it's much more 'get attention/viewers' oriented than WWW.

Yours
Patrik Bagge