Imitating fuzzy logic in traditional logical system

Subject: Imitating fuzzy logic in traditional logical system
From: Aleksi Kallio (makallio@saunalahti.fi)
Date: Tue Apr 18 2000 - 11:59:30 MET DST

The task is to put pictures into categories, so they can be easily
retrieved. Pictures are from all walks of live and no clear categories
(that exclude each other) are to be found, which calls for fuzzy
logic.

Unfortunately we are restricted to a picture database where pictures
are ordered into categories and picture can belong to only a one
category and there are no degrees of being in a certain category.
Luckily we have the possibility to define keywords for each picture.

Are there any clever ways to imitate fuzzy logic using categories and
keywords?

[Aleksi Kallio, makallio@saunalahti.fi ]
[- - - > www.saunalahti.fi/makallio/ ]