Re: Books or papers about Fuzzy Approximation Theorem

Subject: Re: Books or papers about Fuzzy Approximation Theorem
From: Vladik Kreinovich (vladik@cs.utep.edu)
Date: Sun Apr 16 2000 - 21:36:17 MET DST

Daer Friends,

Several people pointed to me that the ftp link which I indicated in my previous
email did not work. I apologize for the inconvenience.

It turns out that the name of the ftp server has been changed. A correct
reference is as follows:

A survey of different universal approximation results (with an emphasis on
control) is in our chapter

  Vladik Kreinovich, George C. Mouzouris, and Hung T. Nguyen,
  "Fuzzy rule based modeling as a universal control tool'',
  In: H. T. Nguyen and M. Sugeno (eds.),
  Fuzzy Systems: Modeling and Control,
  Kluwer, Boston, MA, 1998, pp. 135-195.

A soft version of this chapter (not the final one, but close) can be
downloaded from

<A HREF="ftp://ftp.cs.utep.edu/pub/reports/tr96-49a.tex">file in LaTeX</A>,
uses <A HREF="ftp://ftp.cs.utep.edu/pub/reports/crckapb.sty">crckapb.sty</A>

You are also welcome to look at

   Vladik Kreinovich, Hung T. Nguyen, and Yeung Yam,
   "Fuzzy Systems Are Universal Approximators for a Smooth Function
   And Its Derivatives",
   International Journal of Intelligent Systems, 2000 (to appear).
   <A HREF="http://www.cs.utep.edu/vladik/1999/tr99-2.ps">PostScript file</A>.