Re: Books or papers about Fuzzy Approximation Theorem

Subject: Re: Books or papers about Fuzzy Approximation Theorem
From: Bruno DiStefano (bruno@ecf.toronto.edu)
Date: Fri Apr 14 2000 - 15:35:53 MET DST

You can look at: http://sipi.usc.edu/~kosko/
There you will be able to download:
- B. Kosko, S. Mitaim, "Adaptive Joint Fuzzy Sets for Function Approximation",
  Proceedings of the 1997 International Conference on Neural Networks
  (ICNN-97), pp. 537-542, June 1997
- B. Kosko, S. Mitaim, "What is the Best Shape for a Fuzzy Set in Function
  Approximation?", Proceedings of the 5th IEEE International Conference
  on Fuzzy Systems (FUZZ-96), pp. 1237-1243, September 1996
Both of them contain information related to FAT.
Other papers listed in http://sipi.usc.edu/~kosko/ should
be of interest to you.

I also suggest that you look at:
- B. Kosko, "Neural Networks and Fuzzy Systems: A Dynamical Systems
  Approach to Machine Intelligence", Englewood Cliffs, NJ: Prentice
  Hall, 1992, ISBN 0 13 611 435 0
- Bart Kosko, "Fuzzy Engineering, 1/e", 1996 Prentice Hall,
  (ISBN 0-13-124991-6)
- Bart Kosho, "Fuzzy Systems as Universal Approximators",
  Proceedings of the First IEEE Conference on Fuzzy Systems
  ZZ-92), pages 1153-62, San Diego, March 1992
- C.H. Chen, "Fuzzy Logic and Neural Network Handbook"
  McGraw-Hill Series on Computer Engineering. New York, NY:
  McGraw-Hill, 1996. ISBN 0 07 011189 8
  (Chapter 9 of this book is authored by B. Kosko and
  has as title "Additive fuzzy systems: from function
  approximation to learning").

As a last source, my (growing) web page of links:
http://www.ecf.utoronto.ca/~bruno/
http://www.ecf.utoronto.ca/~bruno/fzlnk.html

Regards

Bruno Di Stefano