The dualism between Mind and Matter in relation to Artificial Intelligence

Subject: The dualism between Mind and Matter in relation to Artificial Intelligence
From: Mads Søgaard (gameover@imv.au.dk)
Date: Wed Apr 12 2000 - 16:58:11 MET DST

Hello out there !

I'm looking for information about <subject>. I'm doing some writing about <subject> but I'd like to have the viewpoints of as many people as possible on the subject. To be more specific I'm interested in;

- critique of Descartes' way of distinguishing between mind and matter.
- critique of Artificial Intelligence with regards to its division of mind and matter (the mind is what AI is trying to simulate, but hasn't it forgot the matter i.e. the concept of a body?)
- comments on why our body is necessary for us humans to reason. Or comments on why a body is *not* necessary for us to reason.

Therefore, if you have any information, an URL, the name of a book, a document, an interesting opinion or anything that might be of interest please post it here. I greatly appreciate any help.

--
Best regards

Mads

Follow-Up-To comp.ai.philosophy