Re: Getting Started

Subject: Re: Getting Started
From: Jan-Eric Duden (duden@earthling.net)
Date: Tue Apr 11 2000 - 03:00:44 MET DST

Hi !

> I'm a software engineer with an electrical engineering degree. I've
> started to take a deep interest in fuzzy logic and neural networks, and
> see many areas where I would like to apply it. However I know little in
> this disipline and want to learn more. What is the best method? Grad
> School? Texts? Do I need a mentor?

I'm currently learning this stuff from texts. Its sometimes a bit frustating
especially when
you're need several hours to understand something that could be explained in
1 minute. :(

On the other side you can adjust your learning speed according to how well
you understand the stuff.

My primary source is : Neuro-Fuzzy and Soft Computing by Jang et al.
ISBN:0132610663

Hope it helps
Jan-Eric Duden