Re: Fuzzy Operators

Subject: Re: Fuzzy Operators
From: Aymeric Gillet (ag@i3d.univ-lille1.fr)
Date: Fri Apr 07 2000 - 15:26:10 MET DST

Steven Lim wrote:

> I realize I should explain my question a bit more.... : )
>
> Rather then having more operators as 'alternatives' .. what I feel is that each must be 'better' then another in its own
> ways... and my question (I guess) should be more like, what are the advantages of each operator over another?

Hi,

You can see the different papers of I. Bloch and H Maitre :

Fuzzy sets and Mathematical morphology, Internal Report, Telecom Paris,
March 1992

Fuzzy Mathematical Morphology : Alternative ways, FUZZ IEEE 93,
1303-1308, San Francisco, 1993

Mathematical Morphology on Fuzzy Sets, Workshop on Mathematical
Morphology and its Applications to Signal Processing, Barcelona,
151-156, 1993

Fuzzy Connectivity and mathematical Morphology, Pattern Recognition
Letters 14, 186-188, June 1993

 Aymeric GILLET
 Laboratoire I3D
 Bat P2 - USTL