Search engine using backround knowledge

Subject: Search engine using backround knowledge
From: afaatz (afaatz@kom.tu-darmstadt.de)
Date: Mon Mar 13 2000 - 14:42:18 MET

Hello,

I am starting some research work on matching algorithms using
ontological backround knowledge. For example, the role of an
individual appearing in a text document is used to retrieve
similar documents- so I am searching for an intelligent go-between
of catalogue search and full text search. Moreover I'd like to
use relevance feedback concerning search results to get some help
evolving and correcting the backround ontologies. References,
related work, any discussions and help is ver welcome.

Dipl.-math. Andreas Faatz
KOM/Technical University of Darmstadt, Germany

afaatz@kom.tu-darmstadt.de

[ comp.ai is moderated. To submit, just post and be patient, or if ]
[ that fails mail your article to <comp-ai@moderators.isc.org>, and ]
[ ask your news administrator to fix the problems with your system. ]