Re: fuzzy finance

Subject: Re: fuzzy finance
From: Paul Victor Birke (nonlinear@home.com)
Date: Sat Mar 04 2000 - 06:08:48 MET

"P.G.Hamer" wrote:
>>snippings<<
> I really need to see how the performance
> of the fuzzy solution compares to that of the probabalistic one.
> Where performance can include both accuracy and computational
> simplicity.

***************************8
Dear Peter

I found a hint from one of my fellow engineering friends today. The
observations was made that Fuzzy works well in control,i.e. in feedback
loop situations. I assume Probability Theory had all kinds of
opportunity (we could say years and years) before Fuzzy Control came
along and came to dominate in the 90s.

Is this a context for discussion wherein Fuzzy shines algorithmically,
computationally, practically etc. over Probability. What is the nature
of the control loop that makes Fuzzy excel?

Keep the pot boiling so to say!

Paul