Re: fuzzy finance

Subject: Re: fuzzy finance
From: Will Dwinnell (predictor@compuserve.com)
Date: Wed Mar 01 2000 - 12:24:07 MET

Saswat Anand wrote:
"Can anyone tell me if there is any language for financial forecasting using
Fuzzy Logic, neural Network or GA or simply stastical techniques. I am a
master's student and need some literature and tools. Please help."

There are at least a few languages which have been fuzzified, to include
explicit data types, operators and functions for using fuzzy logic, but
there's no reason you couldn't build the same thing in a conventional
language like Pascal or Java. I imagine that for many applications, the
math languages (MATLAB, etc.) will be better suited to this than more
mainstream languages.

Will Dwinnell
predictor@compuserve.com