Re: fuzzy finance

Subject: Re: fuzzy finance
From: PGreenfinch (pgreenfinch@wanadoo.fr)
Date: Sat Feb 26 2000 - 14:36:01 MET

Robin B. Lake a écrit >>
>Having built a system which seems to successfully predict short term
>market movements and having embodied some Fuzzy principles in the system,
>http://junior.apk.net/~lake
>let me offer some slightly different perspectives:
>
>- There is an entire spectrum of market-moving decision-makers. Some
>small, some large. Obviously, the market is almost always itself larger
>than the largest traders and always much larger than the small traders.

I aggree that investors profiles have to be analysed (two correspondants
gave some time ago some interesting contributions about that appear in my
personal site)

>- There is a dynamic to the market. Decisions are made by traders on
>time scales ranging from seconds (Day Traders) to weeks (decision by
>committee).

Right again, and i agre also to most of what follows in your post
Pity that you keep secret your own system's recipe (mine is a little more
open, haha !).
One little thing about short term predictions is that, even if you make a
few percent gain 8 times out of 10, what is the loss when there is a sudden
trend reversal, with complete disappearance of liquidity and all broker'
on-line servers and phone lines clogged under thousands of orders all going
in the same direction ?