Re: fuzzy finance

Subject: Re: fuzzy finance
From: Paul Victor Birke (nonlinear@home.com)
Date: Wed Feb 23 2000 - 00:17:12 MET

Saswat Anand wrote:

> Hi,
> Can anyone tell me if there is any language for financial
> forecasting using Fuzzy Logic, neural Network or GA or simply stastical
> techniques. I am a master's student and need some literature and tools.
> Please help.
Dear Saswat

I am no expert on this subject!

I had just used some fuzzy ideas and made some inroads a few years
back. I am sure there are experts in this group that can help you. I
believe, however, that Fuzzy Set Theory should be applied to certain
financial business situations where quantities are clearly not crisp!

Paul V. Birke NN Researcher in Guelph ON CANADA