Degree of Support (DoS) in FuzzyTech Software

Subject: Degree of Support (DoS) in FuzzyTech Software
From: Lim Wee Han (cvelimwh@nus.edu.sg)
Date: Mon Feb 14 2000 - 08:58:25 MET

Dear Everybody,

I am currently a user of FuzzyTech 5.12 Professional software. As you know
that this software allows you to learn the rule base from the numerical
training data using the neural network capability. Each rule will be assign
a value of 0 to 1 which called the degree of support (DoS). When the DoS =
0, the rule is insignificant and DoS=1, the rule is significant. The DoS
also allow to take any value in between 0 to 1 for partial significant rule.

My question is how does the software change the DoS based on the training
data? As it involve the Neural Network, what type of NN implement in this
software?

I would be glad if somebody can let me know about it. It will be better if
you can give the references for details implementation.

Thanks.

Regards,

Lim Wee Han
Department of Civil Engineering