Re: Adding more evidence

Subject: Re: Adding more evidence
pandeyashish@my-deja.com
Date: Tue Jan 25 2000 - 16:40:07 MET

Privet Pavel and others!

I feel that the best way to implement an expert system with 40% and 60%
possibility( it could be probability, I wont argue) is to go through
the old faithful MYSIN expert system also quoted extensively in all the
related books.

Its alwase a good idea to go for something proven. While I drink liquid
from the bottle with .1 probability.

......and by the way

Boss(director) is alwase right and i somehow also agree with him.

Regards

Ashish

> As I see, Kami ROUSSEAU roused a big dispute on a watermelon's fate,
but I
> think there are still some misunderstandings.
> I'll try to show the doubts that Kami's director may have. I am sorry
> beforehand, if my thoughts will look too naive to the "monsters of
fuzzy"
> living here.
>
> What our poor watermelon needs, and what Kami's director wants, is
only to
> judge - is an object a watermelon, or not?
>
> Of course, fuzzy logic works well where we need a fuzzy output (before
> actuators, e.g. "increase a little", and so on).
>
> In the case with our watermelon fuzzy logic should gives only one of
two
> possible crisp output values ("yes" or "no"), and not an intermediate
value
> between them. If we got the membership value of "the object is a
watermelon"
> 0.6, could it help us?
> If the problem was to choose a "ripe watermelon" instead of just a
> watermelon, fuzzy logic seems to perform better.
>
> So I think that Kami's director is doubtful in ability of fuzzy logic
> deal effectively with such sort of problems, where it have to choose
only
> between two ways - say, the problems like "to be, or not to be."
>
> Regards,
> Pavel Shumilov

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.