Re: Justification for FLC

Subject: Re: Justification for FLC
From: Edgar Dohmann (edohmann@ortech-engr.com)
Date: Sat Jan 15 2000 - 01:23:56 MET

In article <85mh4v$auu$1@nnrp1.deja.com>, pandeyashish@my-deja.com wrote:

> I must point out that lot of technologies are in use cause they are
> there. We have become more technology driven than requirement \need
> driven. There is no doubt that fuzzy is easy to understand and
> implement than any model based control.

Which is certainly a valid justification for selecting FLC!

>However, any new technology may
> be fully understood to gain most out of it and that is exactly what I
> am trying to do.
>
> I would also like to point out that I am researching in intelligent
> controllers its unfortunate that my postings infer that I feel they are
> worthless.
>
> From now on I will only discuss possibilities etc. and bury the
> justification issue as it seems so senstive.

I have no problem debating and discussing justification issues. My main
objection was your statement that "there is no justification for their use
in processes where mathematical models exists". This is simply not
correct.

> by the way if anybody has any application notes on FLC impletation I
> will greatly appriciate if its send to me electronically.

There are many volumes of proceedings of such documents available from
IEEE. Surely your University Library has most of them, possibly even on
CD.

Best regards
Edgar Dohmann