Re: Fuzzy vs Neural

Subject: Re: Fuzzy vs Neural
From: Edgar Dohmann (edohmann@ortech-engr.com)
Date: Wed Jan 12 2000 - 22:32:25 MET

In article <854u2k$otd$1@nnrp1.deja.com>, pandeyashish@my-deja.com wrote:

> I think you must have a good reason for using a FLC (this also remains
> a grey area) Dont implement FLC just cause they sound cute as there is
> no justification for their use in processes where mathematical models
> exists.

A rather broad-brush statement with no meaning IMHO. One could just as
easily state that there is no justification for using any other particular
solution for a process where a mathematical model exists.

If you want to control a process with a computer algorithm, you have to
select something. There may be many justifiable reasons for selecting FLC
over some other workable solution, one doesn't have to JUST look around
for a problem that can ONLY be solved with fuzzy logic in order for FLC to
be justifiable.

Edgar Dohmann