Re: Reversal of Conway's Life Algorithm

Subject: Re: Reversal of Conway's Life Algorithm
From: dale (djohnson@v-wave.com)
Date: Sun Jan 09 2000 - 20:05:36 MET

I think that this could be attempted, but after you go a few iterations,
the possabilities would be endless. squares out in the open have
a possability of having been "on" the previous iteration. therefore
one of the branches of the tree will have each square out in the open
on, and the other branches of the tree will have the square off.

I strongly suspect that the only way to do it is with a very large
search tree. changing the parameters could not do it.

If you're looking for neat patterns, you're better off just writing a
program to try a bunch of random ones, let them run for awhile,
and have the program determine if they are successful.

Dale.