From: vladik (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Date: Thu Dec 30 1999 - 19:19:18 MET
CALL FOR PAPERS
THE 4TH WORLD MULTICONFERENCE ON
SYSTEMICS, CYBERNETICS AND INFORMATICS
July, 23-26, 2000
Honorary Presidents: Bela Banathy, Stafford Beer and George Klir
Program Committee Chair: William Lesso
General Chair: Nagib Callaos
Organizing Committee Chair: Belkis Sanchez
* Information Systems Development
* Information Systems Management
* Management Information Systems
* Virtual Engineering
* Mobile/Wireless Computing
* Communication Systems and Networks
* Emergent Computation
* Image,Acoustic,Speech and Signal Processing
* Computing Techniques
* Human Information Systems
* Education and Information Systems
* Control Systems
* Economic and Financial Systems
* SCI in Biology and Medicine
* SCI in Psychology, Cognition and Spirituality
* Conceptual Infrastructure of SCI
* Natural Resources
* Human Resources
* Globalization, Development and Emerging Economies
* SCI in Art
ACADEMIC AND SCIENTIFIC CO-SPONSORS
· WOSC: World Organization on Systemics and Cybernetics (France)
· The Centre for Systems Studies (UK)
· Systems Society of Poland
· Society Applied Systems Research (Canada)
· Slovenian Artificial Intelligence Society
· Simon Bolivar University (Venezuela)
· Polish System Society (Poland)
· Italian Society of Systemics
· ISSS: International Society for the Systems Sciences (USA)
· ISI: The International Systems Institute (USA)
· IFSR: International Federation of Systems Research (Austria/USA)
· IEEE / Latinamerica
· Cybernetics and Human Knowing: A Journal of Second Order Cybernetics and
· CUST, Engineer Science Institute of the Blaise Pascal University (France)
· Concurrency and Architecture Group, the Telematics Engineering
The Univesity of Las Palmas of Gran Canaria, Spain.
ORGANIZED BY THE IIIS
The International Institute of Informatics and Systemics.
Those interested in participating in the:
· Organization of Invited Session(s)
· Organization of a Focus Symposium
· Reviewing Process
· Conference Promotion
· Recommending Scholars/Researchers for Active Participation and/or for
· Proposing Organizations/Institutes/Universities as Academic/Scientific
Please contact the General Chair Professor Nagib Callaos: email@example.com
Participation of both researchers and practitioners is strongly encouraged.
Papers may be
submitted on: research in science and engineering, case studies drawn on
practice and consulting, and position papers based on large and rich
through executive/managerial practices and decision-making. For this
Program Committee is conformed according to the criteria given above.
TYPES OF SUBMISSION ACCEPTED
2.Panel Presentation, Workshop and/or Round Table Proposals
3.New Topics and Invited Sessions Proposal(which should include a minimum
of 5 papers)
4.Focus Sympsia(which should include a minimum of 15 papers)
EXTENDED ABSTRACTS AND PAPER DRAFTS SUBMISSION FORM
Extended abstracts or paper drafts should be sent according the following
1. Major theme of the paper, according the major themes given above.
2. Paper title.
3. Extended abstract of 500 to 1500 words and/or paper drafts of 2000 to
5000 words, in English.
4. Author or co-authors with names, addresses, telephone number, fax number
and e-mail address.
Extended abstracts or paper drafts should be sent via Internet, as
attachments to e-mails addressed
to firstname.lastname@example.org and SCI2000@aol.com. Exceptionally, three
copies of extended abstracts or paper drafts
might be sent to the following postal mail address and/or faxed to the
7525 Karlov Avenue
Skokie, Illinois 60076
1-407-8566274 (Orlando, USA)
58-2-9621519 (Caracas, Venezuela)
February 2,2000 Submission of extended abstracts (500-1500 words)or paper
March 15, 2000 Acceptance notifications
April 20, 2000 Submission of camera/ready papers: hard copies and
PAPERS REVIEWING AND PUBLICATION
Submitted papers will be refereed. Accepted papers, which should not exceed
spaced typed pages, will be published by means of paper and electronic
full paper should be sent via Internet and by means of diskette and
hard copies of artwork, not later than April 20, 2000.
Best papers will be selected for awards and recommended for journal
Multiple author books will be published by iiis, based on best-invited
sessions, best focus
symposia or best mini-conferences.
To organize an invited session for SCI'2000, the following steps are
1) Identify a special topic is in the scope of SCI'2000. You may contact the
General chair,the Program Chair or other program committee members, on the
suitability of the topic, if
it is not included in the Conference Program.
2) Contact the General Chair for the invited session acceptation
3) Contact researchers or practitioners in your field to see if they can
contribute a paper to your proposed session and attend SCI'2000.
4) Collect the extended abstracts or the paper drafts from each perspective
5) Write a summary (1-2 page) on the session's significance and coherence of
the invited/selected papers.
Mail the invited session proposal including a summary and a copy of all
February 29,2000 to Professor Nagib Callaos, the General Chair.
Integrated by (210) prestigious scholars/researchers from 54 countries.
Details can be found in the conference web (http://www.iiis.org/isas/) page
or asking for a detailed Call For Papers, via e-mail.
The conference fees will be $330 before April 20, 2000 and $380 after April
20, 2000.This fee will include:
* A CD-ROM version of the Proccedings
* One volumen of the hard copy version of the Conference Proceeding.
(Other volumes will be available with a 30% of discount for participants)
* Coffee breaks
* Welcome Reception
Prof. Nagib Callaos (General Chair)
E -mails: ncallaos@ usb.ve(Academic)
USA Phone: +1
USA Fax: +1 (407) 856-6274
Venezuela Tel/Fax (office): +58 (2) 962-1519
Venezuela Tel/Fax (home): +58 (2) 963-8852
Other contacts and More details can be found at the
Conference web page (http://www.iiis.org/isas/). Answers to
specific questions can be requested also by e-mail.
------------- End Forwarded Message -------------
This message was posted through the fuzzy mailing list.
(1) To subscribe to this mailing list, send a message body of
"SUB FUZZY-MAIL myFirstName mySurname" to email@example.com
(2) To unsubscribe from this mailing list, send a message body of
"UNSUB FUZZY-MAIL" or "UNSUB FUZZY-MAIL firstname.lastname@example.org"
(3) To reach the human who maintains the list, send mail to
(4) WWW access and other information on Fuzzy Sets and Logic see
(5) WWW archive: http://www.dbai.tuwien.ac.at/marchives/fuzzy-mail/index.html
This archive was generated by hypermail 2b25 : Thu Apr 06 2000 - 15:59:36 MET DST