Re: SIRDS and Quantum Computers

Subject: Re: SIRDS and Quantum Computers
jddescript_deja@my-deja.com
Date: Fri Jan 07 2000 - 11:49:07 MET

In article <850n79$oun$1@nnrp1.deja.com>,
  ca314159@bestweb.net wrote:

> In article <84sdcv$o1a$1@nnrp1.deja.com>,
> jdddescript@my-deja.com wrote:
-

> > I don't understand your sense of "simplest" except
> > maybe you are saying that a statistical treatment
> > seems necessary for much of human science. Actually,
> > the whole point about the false aproach to quantum
> > mechanics(QM) called the bohr/coppenheimer
> > interpretation [contrasted to the realism approach
> > of Eienstein] is that statistics are needed only
> > because of hidden/unknown variables and missing
> > Berry Phase.
>
> That was much of older QM. Then they seemed to have
> passed the point 0.25 microns where silicon features
> were smaller than the etching wavelength using
> "phase-shifting" techniques. I don't know if that
> capability surpassed the theory.
>
> In human science,like economics,
>
> "economics" as the management/distribution of limited
> resources seems more than just a 'human' science;
> even more than an organic science, but in the
> dictionaries it is called a branch of "social" science.
> I can easily think of social analogs of bosons and fermions.
>
> I realize it is dangerous, sloppy, error prone to deal with too
many
> analogs, yet in computer science one often deals with pointers
> rather than tangibles because they are faster. Or in quantum
> computers the speed is gained at the expense of non-determinism.
>
> For instance, a pointer is usually spatial in the sense of memory
> but a temporal pointer is like a "wish", pointing to some
> possible future tangible. Dealing in analogies and metaphors
> is considered speculative and error prone, like Velikovskian
> theorizing. But isn't this what quantum computers in a sense
> are doing with their virtual memories: Hilbert spaces ?
> Ultimately they have to instantiate the pointers with real
> values in some manner.
>
> I remember reading about Geometric phase and thinking "yes
> this was sorely needed to restore some symmetry".

 -----------------excerpted, see original-----------------------------

Incidentally, in correspondence with Professor Berry he told
me that he and a colleague had shown that the Boson,
Fermion distiction and the Paulli exclusion principle could
be explained by Berry phase. I'm still in the process of
understanding it.

I think that the use of higher order numbers beyond reals in
any area is, at base, just like in engineering. It means that
we need extra measures to keep track of all the variables.
Thus a phase in Fourier series means complex numbers which
are two measure representations of general 2D (4 parameter
linear) transformations.

When you talk of the limited resources of economics isn't the
most limited our human intelligence(learning) and all the stuff
only scarce reference human wants? I agree there are needs for
a number of subtle concepts in treating economics, like your
pointers. Also the wishes you mention are pictured as ideal
images of wants. Everything we do is formed as images in
negative time (expected time) and then evolves into some
current realities and hopes. In my modeling these are separate
images that we compare and derive driving error signal for our
growth.

I think the randomness speed effect you talk of is usually an
illusion. The best it can do is match the search method to the
degree of ignorance but then maybe there is some magic I don't
know.

In an earlier message you mentioned a disjoint parallel between
logical actions, apparentally seen as cause and effect sequential
actions and ANALOGIC actions which were instead without logic?
but with parallel instantaneous channels like frequency channels
in communication. Did I hear you correctly and how complete and
important do you see this parallel?

Godd seeing. JD