Fuzzy logic and Geographic Information Systems (GIS)

Subject: Fuzzy logic and Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
From: Lars Hansen (120010389511@post9.tele.dk)
Date: Thu Jan 06 2000 - 11:54:11 MET

I am a student writing my masters in Computerscience and Geography. It's
about using fuzzy logic in GIS-applications.

What I am trying to do, is making a fuzzy logic model describing nitrogen
leaching from danish farms. I have a lot of data from every farm in Denmark
(no. pigs, cows and so on, and area of their crops for 1998, and hopefully
their use of fertiliser). All these data are connected to a map showing the
perimeter of every farm (this is derived from a land register map
(parcels)).

I also have two maps showing the different types of soils, one from 0-20 cm
and one from 20 cm and down.

What I would like, is to know if any of you have experience in fuzzy logic
combined with GIS (Arc Wiev). On how to implement it and what problems there
will arise. Some good links would also be appreciated.

Thanks
Lars Hansen

Roskilde University Center
E-mail: larsh@ruc.dk