Max-Min Inference and Triangular / Trapezoidal membership functions

From: Daniel Fortin (gaychorusboy@netzero.net)
Date: Sat Mar 16 2002 - 12:38:10 MET

    I was wondering if anyone could tell me what the advantages and or
    disadvantages of using max-min and max product inferencing are. I'm
    using Fuzzy and Neural Approaches in Engineering by Tsoukalas and
    Uhrig and it doesn't seem to describe any of the design tradeoffs for
    selecting a fuzzy inferencing method. Also, what are the tradeoffs
    between using triangular and trapezoidal membership functions?

    If anyone could answer these questions I'd really appreciate it.

    Thanks in advance!