Re: Touchy/feely

From: Arjen Markus (Arjen.Markus@wldelft.nl)
Date: Wed Feb 20 2002 - 19:50:55 MET

    Cameron Laird wrote:

    > In article <38170DBF63A82054.657EFCC2E6D8771C.3957A5AF7F61CEFD@lp.airnews.net>,
    > I hinted:
    > >In article <3C723C14.7B9AC696@wldelft.nl>,
    > >Arjen Markus <Arjen.Markus@wldelft.nl> wrote:
    > > .
    > >>A way forward here might be a good Tcl package for dealing
    > >>with fuzzy logic - that is one of the hot items among my
    > >>biologically minded colleagues. Another thing would probably
    > > .
    > > .
    > > .
    > >Along with your own fuzzy introductions to tcltest, I suspect fuz-
    > >ziness has been implemented for Tcl several times, although I know
    > >of no one maintaining such work. If I wanted to pursue this seri-
    > >ously, I'd check in to <URL: http://public.srce.hr/~ddelija/ >.
    > .
    > .
    > .
    > Some day I want to comment on fuzzy logic vs. fuzzy arithmetic
    > vs. numerical analysis. In the meantime, I'll pass on this
    > message from Dr. Delija, with his permission:
    > Actually this is very old code, almost unchagned since 1998,
    > it is usefull but maybe better solution is to do wrap around some
    > more recent C code. I've stopped serious work on this in 1999
    > but last year we were able to develop proof-of-concet tool for
    > system security.
    >
    > I suppose Dr. E.Cox developed new version of fuzzy lib, maybe
    > contacting him will be usefull.
    >
    > By my oppionion it will be better to use perl, ther are good perl
    > modules (some are referenced in O'Reilly Mastering Algorithm in Perl)
    > He also expressed willingness to provide more detailed counsel for
    > those with interest.
    >
    > I'm thinking about ways to promote Tcl's popularity among bioinfor-
    > maticians ...

    I have had some conversation with Damir about the subject. He suggests
    using Perl, because of all the stuff that is already available, but
    complains about the cryptic syntax. I think this definitely calls
    for action. (Oh boy, if the day were just a few hours longer, my
    kids would sleep like roses and I would not have other obligations
    than advance Tcl ... - hell, must dash - I am "auditioning" in fifteen
    minutes for a show (no joke, it is part of a social happening in my
    company :-)

    Regards,

    Arjen