I-KOMAT 2002 FIRST CALL FOR PAPERS

From: Maumita Bhattacharya (Maumita.Bhattacharya@infotech.monash.edu.au)
Date: Fri Feb 15 2002 - 12:17:39 MET

    Our apology, if you receive multiple copies of this message

    Dear Colleague,

    This is an invitation to I-KOMAT'2002: International Workshop on
    Intelligent Knowledge Management Techniques (I-KOMAT'2002) to
    be held in conjunction with: KES'2002 (Sixth International Conference on
    Knowledge-Based Intelligent Information & Engineering Systems,
    16, 17 & 18 September 2002, Podere d'Ombriano, Crema, Italy)

    For detailed information, please visit our web site:

    http://www-mugc.cc.monash.edu.au/~maum/ikomat-02.htm

    **KNOWLEDGE MANAGEMENT - THE ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE
    WAY**

    International Workshop on Intelligent Knowledge Management
    Techniques (I-KOMAT' 2002) is a technical forum for exchanging
    current and future research results /ideas involving Computational
    Intelligence for identification, analysis and control of knowledge
    assets and processes. The scope of I-KOMAT' 2002 covers both
    design and application aspects of various Artificial Intelligence
    Techniques like Artificial Neural Networks, Fuzzy Systems,
    Evolutionary algorithms, Hybrid systems, Agents, Support
    Vector Machine etc.

    I-KOMAT' 2002 offers an Interdisciplinary Platform to all
    researchers, developers and practitioners dealing with AI
    based modeling, ontology and planning techniques
    supporting knowledge management.

    Authors are invited to submit their original and unpublished
    work that demonstrate current research in all areas of
    computational intelligence including design of artificial
    neural networks, fuzzy systems, evolutionary algorithms,
    hybrid systems, agents, and their applications to knowledge
    management.

    Topics of interest include but not limited to:

    *Design and modeling aspects of the following Computational
       Intelligence Techniques and their applications to science, technology,
       commerce, social science and economics:

    -Artificial Neural Networks and Probabilistic Reasoning
    -Genetic Algorithms
    -Evolution Strategies
    -Genetic Programming
    -Evolutionary Programming
    -Learning Classifiers
    -Fuzzy Systems including Fuzzy logic and possibility
    theory, Fuzzy expert systems, Fuzzy system modeling
    and simulation
    -Hybrid Soft Computing Techniques like Neuro-Fuzzy,
    fuzzy-GA, GA-Fuzzy etc.
    -Intelligent Agents including Multi-Agents, Autonomous Agents
    and Cooperative Agents
    -Support Vector Machines
    -Bayesian networks and probabilistic reasoning
    -Rough sets
    -Case-based Reasoning

    *Data and Knowledge Representation: planning and description logics

    *Data and knowledge visualization

    *Knowledge acquisition

    *Models and frameworks of Data Mining techniques

    *Reasoning methods and technologies

    *Knowledge and belief, belief revision and update, non-monotonic
    formalisms, uncertainty

    Paper Submission

    Authors of contributed and invited papers are requested to submit,
    before March 31, 2002, an article not exceeding five pages, of their
    research presentation. Submission implies the willingness of at least
    one of the authors to register and present the paper. The conference
    proceedings will be published worldwide by IOS Press, Amsterdam,
    the Netherlands.

    Papers must correspond to the requirements detailed in IOS Instructions
    for the Preparation of a Camera-Ready Manuscript. All full papers are to
    be submitted in PDF, postscript or MS word version electronically to:
    maumita.bhattacharya@infotech.monash.edu.au.

    Hard copies should be sent only if electronic submission is not possible.
    All papers will be peer reviewed by at least two independent referees of
    the international program committee of I-KOMAT'02.

    Extended versions of selected papers will be considered for publication in
    the KES Journal (International Journal of Knowledge-Based Intelligent
    Engineering Systems).

    Important Dates