Re: Stupid question

From: Wise (weiz@spam-block.sympac.com.au)
Date: Mon Nov 26 2001 - 01:21:30 MET

    For me a computer is only a medium in which to play out a series of
    instructions (the algorithm or the program), some of which are mathematical
    in nature.

    The fact that a computer is binary based (derived from its gate or switching
    architecture) does not exclude its application to a program that has a fuzzy
    calculation objective.

    The program is in itself a virtual computer, a layer sitting on top of the
    hardware layer underneath. In this regard there is no relation at all
    between the logic of the hardware and the logic employed by the program.

    A more interesting question might be could there be fuzzy hardware ?

    <9tcggh$1bd3@hkpa05.polyu.edu.hk>...