Re: Stupid question

From: Greg Chien (gchien@protodesign-inc.com)
Date: Wed Nov 21 2001 - 11:40:43 MET

    "Ricky" <01900990R@polyu.edu.hk> wrote in message
    news:9tcggh$1bd3@hkpa05.polyu.edu.hk...
    > It may be a stupid question, but it really a trouble in my mind
    these few
    > days. We use the mathematics expression to formulate the algorithm,
    and we
    > use the programme to apply the algorithm, then what is the
    relationship
    > between mathematics and computer programme?

    How about "a computer program is a machine readable/executable
    implementation of certain logic and mathematics."

    > In the world of computer programme, binary nos. (1 and 0) are used
    but as we
    > all know that there is a lot of things between 1 and 0 in the world
    of fuzzy
    > algorithm. Then, contradition is here.

    A single binary bit may not be fuzzy, but a series of 0's and 1's that
    forms different patterns may be used to model fuzzy ranges, and,
    perhaps even, to simulate analog devices.

    Regards,
    Greg Chien
    http://protodesign-inc.com