BISC: BISC NEWS Letter for Nov. 2001

From: masoud nikravesh (nikraves@eecs.berkeley.edu)
Date: Tue Nov 13 2001 - 04:18:36 MET

    Berkeley Initiative in Soft Computing (BISC)

    ===============================
    ***********************************
    TO AVOID DEALY ON YOUR ANNOUNCEMENT,
    PLEASE SEE END OF THIS MESSAGE TO FIND OUT
    THE FORMAT FOR CFP, MEETING, ANNOUNCEMENT, ETC

    *************************************
    =================================

    6th International Conference on
        Knowledge-Based Intelligent Information
      Engineering Systems & Allied Technologies
     16, 17 & 18 September 2002, Podere d'Ombriano, Crema, Italy

    Dr. Colette Faucher
    Associate Professor of Computer Science
    Université d'Aix-Marseille III
    Faculté des Sciences de Saint-Jérôme
    DIAM-IUSPIM
    Avenue Escadrille Normandie-Niemen
    13397 Marseille Cedex 20
    FRANCE
    Phone : (+33) 4 91 05 60 58
    Fax : (+33) 4 91 05 60 33
    E-mail : colette.faucher@iuspim.u-3mrs.fr or colette.faucher@wanadoo.fr
    Website of the session :
    http://perso.wanadoo.fr/colette.faucher/kes2002-classification.html

    11/29-12/2, a similar (but smaller) conference
    > by IEEE-Computer Society will be held
    >
    > International Conference on Data Mining
    > at Doubletree Hotel(near Airport
    > http://www.cs.uvm.edu/~xwu/icdm-01.html

     KES'2002

                                   Call for Papers

                            Sixth International Conference on

              Knowledge-Based Intelligent Information Engineering Systems

                               16, 17 & 18 September 2002

                          Podere d'Ombriano, Crema, Italy

                              www.bton.ac.uk/kes/kes2002/

    Fourth International Forum on Multimedia and Image Processing
    June 9-13, 2002
    Sheraton World Resort, Orlando, Florida, USA
    http://www.wacong.com/Wac2002/ifmip.html

    CALL FOR PAPERS

    2002 Congress on Evolutionary Computation

    May 12-17, 2002
    Hilton Hawaiian Village, Honolulu, HI

    Held as part of the WCCI World Congress on Computational Intelligence
    (http://www.wcci2002.org)

    =======================================

    CALL FOR PAPERS

    THE 6th WORLD MULTI CONFERENCE ON
    SYSTEMICS , CYBERNETICS AND INFORMATICS
    SCI 2002

    July 14 - 18, 2002

    Orlando , Florida, USA
    Sheraton World

    http://www.iiis.org/sci2002/

    Honorary Presidents: Bela Banathy, Stafford Beer and George Klir
    Program Committee Chair: William Lesso
    General Chair: Nagib Callaos
    Organizing Committee Chair: Belkis Sanchez

    Subject: 2002 IEEE INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON FUZZY SYSTEMS (Deadline
    Dec.
        10, 2001)

    The annual IEEE International Conference on Fuzzy Systems
    (FUZZ-IEEE2002) is a premier international conference.
    Look for more details on paper submission and conference
    registration coming soon. Bookmark your webpage at
    http://www.wcci2002.org. For more information, contact David
    Fogel, d.fogel@ieee.org

    Maumita Bhattacharya
           for
    ISDA' 2002 Organizing Committee
    Dear Colleague,

    We are organizing an exciting event: ISDA' 2002: Second International
    Workshop on Intelligent Systems Design and Applications (Atlanta, USA,
    07-08 August 2002).

    http://isda2002.softcomputing.net/

    (Technically co-sponsored by The World Federation of Soft Computing)

    > Call For Abstracts
    >
    > AAAI Spring Symposium, 25-27 March 2002, Palo Alto, CA
    >
    > Information Refinement and Revision for Decision Making:
    > Modeling for Diagnostics, Prognostics, and Prediction
    >

    > Submissions
    >
    > Potential participants should submit an abstract (>= 150 words)
    electronically to
    > goebelk@crd.ge.com by Nov. 9 (extended deadline)
    >
    > More information is available at the web site
    http://www.cs.rpi.edu/~goebel/ss02/index.html

    Announcement and First Call for Papers

    FLINS 2002 - 5th International FLINS Conference on
    Computational Intelligent Systems for Applied Research

    Date and venue:
    September 16-18, 2002, Ghent, Belgium

    Abstract submission deadline:
    December 15, 2001

    About FLINS:
    FLINS, an acronym for Fuzzy Logic and Intelligent technologies in
    Nuclear
    Science, is a well-established international research forum to advance
    the
    theory and applications of computational intelligence for applied
    research
    in general and for nuclear science and engineering in particular.

    FLINS 2002 is organised by The Belgian Nuclear Research Centre
    (SCK-CEN)and
    Ghent University, Belgium

    For more information:
    - visit the website at http://fuzzy.rug.ac.be/flins2002 or
    - contact the Conference Co-Managers by email:
            martine.decock@rug.ac.be
            mike@nachtegael.com

    efficiently please forward your messages or announcements with regards
    to CFP (call for paper), conference, workshop, book announcement, etc.
    as follows:

    1. Title
    2. A short message in order of 2-3 sentence
    3. Contact person's name and Email (address, tel, etc.)
    4. URL for more detailed information.
    5. Please avoid long messages if would be possible

    Please note, we do post the messages weekly, except special BISC
    announcements and viewpoints.

    ----------------
    Example:

    Title: Fuzz-IEEE 2001
    Short Description: The 10-th IEEE International Conference on Fuzzy
    Systems
    "Meeting the grand challenge: Machines that serve people"
    Location: Melbourne, Austrlia
    Dates: December, 2-5, 2001
    The annual conference Fuzzy Conference of the IEEE.
    Contact Person: ........

    Best Regards,
    Masoud Nikravesh
    Associate Director and Program Administrator
    UC Berkeley