Job opening

From: Lynn Ross (lross@hrl.com)
Date: Fri Nov 09 2001 - 11:55:09 MET

    HRL Laboratories conducts applied research in electronics and
    information sciences. As a jointly-owned research laboratory for The
    Boeing Company, General Motors, and Raytheon Company, HRL creates new
    products and services for space, telecommunications, defense and
    automotive applications.

    Our Information Sciences Laboratory performs cutting edge research on
    technologies to collect, communicate, process, and model information
    about reality to enable better decision making by people and machines.
    We are interested in interactions between people, information, and the
    real world -- ways in which bits affect atoms. Our work is focused on
    signal and image processing, computational physics, human-centered
    systems, network analysis and collaborative and distributed systems.

    This is the opportune time to join our team of top researchers and to
    contribute to state-of-the-art work in signal processing and
    information fusion. We seek scientists interested in joining
    established groups working on a variety of problems including blind
    source separation, robust speech recognition, target/clutter
    discrimination, multi-modal image exploitation, and the fusion of
    information from a distributed network of heterogeneous sensors.

    If you are a scientist interested in inventing, implementing,
    simulating, testing and evaluating new algorithms for a variety of
    applications including military, automotive and other commercial, we
    may have the job for you!

    Signal Processing (code: RMSP21.G)
    The successful candidate will have research experience and a strong
    background in one or more of the following areas: statistical signal
    processing, information theory, wavelet theory, speech processing,
    adaptive signal processing, communication theory or time-frequency
    representations.

    Information Fusion (code: RMIF21.G)
    A strong record of scientific achievement is essential in one or more
    of the following areas: information fusion, sensor fusion, pattern
    recognition, machine learning, uncertainty reasoning, or artificial
    intelligence. Experience in automatic target
    recognition/discrimination is a plus.

    A Ph.D. or Masters in computer science, electrical engineering,
    applied math or related field; and familiarity with C, C++, Matlab and
    script languages (shell, perl, tcl/tk) is desired. Excellent
    communication skills are required in order to effectively interact
    with customers and within our small, dynamic research team
    environment. To ensure compliance with U.S. export laws and
    regulations, applicants must meet certain eligibility requirements,
    including U.S. citizenship or permanent resident alien status. Some
    jobs also may require security clearance.

    HRL's research staff members are encouraged to invent, patent and
    publish on a regular basis. This commitment helps keep HRL poised at
    the frontier of electronics and information technology. Our ideal
    location, competitive salary and SPECTRUM benefits package contribute
    to a work environment designed to optimize creative research.

    To learn more about HRL Laboratories, please visit http://www.hrl.com.

    For immediate consideration, send your resume:
    Lynn Ross
    Attention: (insert appropriate code)
    HRL Laboratories
    3011 Malibu Canyon Road