Re: PID Control and fuzzy logic

From: Arjun Kakkar (arjun_kakkar@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Nov 05 2001 - 21:06:59 MET

    Nope, PID control is different from fuzzy logic based control.

    Fuzzy logic has multiple advantages over PID control - it is more
    effective with less mathematical complexity. PID control usually would
    require quite a complex mathematical model for it to be sufficiently
    effective. Fuzzy logic, on the other hand can directly control the
    variable(/s) in question with a simple set of rules. Moreover, fuzzy
    logic would keep your system in a narrow band with lesser overshoots.

    Hmmm... guess it would be be better if you read up some introductory
    text on fuzzy logic. That would help.

    Cheers,
    Arjun Kakkar