FSTA 2002 (forwarded)

From: Vladik Kreinovich (vladik@cs.utep.edu)
Date: Tue Oct 23 2001 - 00:05:28 MET DST

    From: Radko Mesiar <mesiar@leo.svf.stuba.sk>

    F I R S T A N N O U N C E M E N T

    S I X T H I N T E R N A T I O N A L C O N F E R E N C E
    O N F U Z Z Y S E T S T H E O R Y A N D I T S
    A P P L I C A T I O N S

    January 27 -- February 1, 2002
    L I P T O V S K Y M I K U L A S, T H E S L O V A K
    R E P U B L I C

    O R G A N I Z A T I O N

    The Sixth Conference on Fuzzy Sets Theory and Its Applications will take
    place under the auspices
    of the Military Academy in Liptovsky Mikulas, the Faculty of Civil
    Engineering of the Slovak Technical
    University in Bratislava, the Mathematical Institute of the Slovak
    Academy of Sciences, and Working
    Group for Fuzzy Set Theory and Applications by Slovak Mathematical and
    Physical Association,
    in co-operation with E U S F L A T.

    I N T E R N A T I O N A L S C I E N T I F I C
    P R O G R A M M E C O M M I T T E E

    Chair: KLEMENT Erich Peter (Austria)

    Vice-chair: MESIAR Radko (the Slovak Republic)

    Members:
         BENVENUTI Pietro (Italy)
         BOUCHON - MEUNIER Bernadette (France)
         BUTNARIU Dan (Israel)
         CALVO Tomasa (Spain)
         CHOVANEC Ferdinand (the Slovak Republic)
         DE BAETS Bernard (Belgium)
         DENNEBERG Dieter (Germany)
         DVURECENSKIJ Anatolij (the Slovak Republic)
         FODOR Janos (Hungary)
         GODO Lluis (Spain)
         GOTTWALD Siegfried (Germany)
         GRABISCH Michel (France)
         HAJEK Petr (the Czech Republic)
         KALINA Martin (the Slovak Republic)
         KLIR George J. (the U.S.A.)
         KOCZY Laszlo T. (Hungary)
         KOLESAROVA Anna (the Slovak Republic)
         KOPKA Frantisek (the Slovak Republic)
         MARES Milan (the Czech Republic)
         MUNDICI Daniele (Italy)
         NAVARA Mirko (the Czech Republic)
         NOVAK Vilem (the Czech Republic)
         PAP Endre (Yugoslavia)
         RIECAN Beloslav (the Slovak Republic)
         RYBARIK Jan (the Slovak Republic)
         VOJTAS Peter (the Slovak Republic)

         S C I E N T I F I C P R O G R A M M E

    The Conference Programme will consist of special invited plenary
    lectures, invited and contributed parallel sessions.

        T e n t a t i v e l i s t o f i n v i t e d s p e a k e r s

    P. BENVENUTI (Italy), B. BOUCHON - MEUNIER (France), D. BUTNARIU
    (Israel), B. DE BAETS (Belgium),
    D. DENNEBERG (Germany), P. DIAMOND (Australia), D. DUBOIS (France), J.
    FODOR (Hungary),
    L. GODO (Spain), S. GOTTWALD (Germany), M. GRABISCH (France), P. HAJEK
    (the Czech Republic),
    E. P. KLEMENT (Austria), L. T. KOCZY (Hungary), M. MARES (the Czech
    Republic), D. MUNDICI (Italy),
    T. MUROFUSHI (Japan), V. NOVAK (the Czech Republic), E. PAP
    (Yugoslavia), A. RAMER (Australia),
    Z. RIECANOVA (the Slovak Republic), P. VOJTAS (the Slovak Republic)

        W o r k s h o p s a n d i n v i t e d s e s s i o n s

     1) Many Valued Logics (Godo, Hajek)
     2) Triangular Norms (Klement, Mesiar, Pap)
     3) Non-additive Measures and Integrals (Grabisch, Denneberg, Pap)
     4) Aggregation Operators (Calvo, De Baets, Grabisch, Mesiar)
     5) Quantum Structures (Chovanec, Dvurecenskij, Kopka, Pykacz,
    Riecanova)
     6) Fuzzy Querying (Vojtas, Zadrozny)

    Rooms can be provided for workshops during the conference. Please,
    send all suggestions for topics
    of workshops to the chair of the International Scientific Programme
    Committee.

    O r g a n i z i n g C o m m i t t e e

    Pavel DEDERA, Eva DROBNA, Maria JURECKOVA
    (the Slovak Republic)
    fsta2002@valm.sk

    A B S T R A C T S

    Abstracts should be submitted by O c t o b e r 31, 2001 to
    the chair
    of the International Scientific Programme Committee:
    Prof. Erich Peter KLEMENT
    Institut fur Mathematik
    Johannes Kepler Universitat
    A-4040 L I N Z
    A U S T R I A
    FAX: ++ 43 732 246810
    E-mail: klement@flll.uni-linz.ac.at

    All accepted abstracts will be acknowledged and published in the
    Conference Proceedings
    and will be distributed at the beginning of the conference.
    Abstracts (in English) of about 300 words
    may only be submitted by e-mail
    as LaTeX files (2.09 or 2e) or in Rich Text Format (RTF).
    When submitting a LaTeX file, be aware not to use any package that is
    not a part
    of the standard LaTeX or AMSLaTeX distribution.
    See Zentralblatt http://www.emis.de/ZMATH/

    C O N F E R E N C E F E E S

    Participant fee:
    >....................................................... 400,- USD

    Accompanying person fee: ...................................... 300,-
    USD

    For a single room there is an extra charge of ................. 70,-
    USD

    The Organizing Committee of FSTA 2002 realizes the full conference fee
    may be prohibitive for some
    participants. Since it is scientific criteria only that should matter
    and since we appreciate their taking
    part in the conference, we would like to offer them

    Reduced fee:
    >.......................................................... 300,- USD

    Applications for the reduced fee should be accompanied with a short
    curriculum vitae, the list of
    publications (the latest five), or a supervisor's endorsement and sent
    by e-mail to the Organizing
    Committee by O c t o b e r 31, 2001 to:
    fsta2002@valm.sk

    Participant fee includes:
    - conference documentation
    - organization expenses
    - accommodation and board
    - social party
    - excursion
    - coffee breaks with some small refreshment
    Accompanying person fee includes:
    - accommodation and board
    - social party
    - excursion

    A C o n f e r e n c e f e e p l e a s e p a y i n
    o u r f a v o u r

    Account No: 0106 548-349 / 0900

    Bank: Slovenska sporitelna, a.s., Liptovsky Mikulas, Slovenska
    republika

    Details of payment: invoice No 206

    b e f o r e N o v e m b e r 3 0, 2 0 0 1

    Personal checks and credit cards cannot be accepted for the payment of
    the conference fee.
    All participants are recommended to keep a copy of the payment
    confirmation and to bring this
    to the registration desk (it will be situated in the hotel building and
    will be open on Sunday,
    January 27, 2002 from 6 p.m.).
    Only in exceptional cases can participants pay the conference fee in
    cash at the registration desk.

    I M P O R T A N T D A T E S A N D D E A D L I N E S

     O c t o b e r 3 1, 2001
    Deadline for sending abstracts

    O c t o b e r 3 1, 2001
    Deadline for registration
    and application for the reduced fee

    N o v e m b e r 3 0, 2001
    Deadline for the payment of the Conference Fee

    G E N E R A L I N F O R M A T I O N

    L a n g u a g e
    The official conference language will be English. Simultaneous
    interpretation will not be available.

    V e n u e
    Lectures and sessions will take place at the Hotel Bystra in the Janska
    valley.
    The opening ceremony will begin on Monday morning, January 28, 2002 at 9
    a.m.
    The conference is expected to close on Friday afternoon, February 1,
    2002.

    A c c o m m o d a t i o n
    The conference, including accommodation of the participants and
    accompanying persons, will take place
    at the Hotel Bystra in the Janska valley. Room and board (five nights
    lodging, breakfasts, lunches and
    dinners from Sunday evening, January 27, 2002 till Friday afternoon,
    February 1, 2000) are covered
    by the conference fee.

    S o c i a l a n d c u l t u r a l e v e n t s
    The conference fee includes a short excursion, concert and a reception
    for the participants and
    accompanying persons.
    The Janska valley is a starting point for visiting different parts of
    the central Slovakia. There will be
    several possibilities to go for individual trips to the High or Low
    Tatras.
    The hotel swimming pool and sauna will be open for all conference
    participants.

     A N O T H E R A N N O U N C E M E N T

    The second, and the final announcement, will be sent to the registered
    participants during
    December, 2001. The conference schedule, the scientific programme and
    all travel information
    can be found in it.