Re: no title

From: Weiz (weiz@sympac.com.au)
Date: Mon Sep 24 2001 - 18:16:14 MET DST

    sure it is.

    Although it goes more like If Sunlight is bright AND rainfall is high THEN
    Plant growth is rapid.

    Bright is a fuzzy set in the universe of Sunlight. (there might also be dim
    and shaded etc) these names of course are assigned to parts of the scale of
    brightness.Ditto for rainfall and plant growth.

    Anyway the extent to which sunlight is bright ( I.e. the membership value of
    a particular bright value in the bright fuzzy set ) and rainfall is high
    help shape the rapid plant growth fuzzy set from which is de-fuzzied a crisp
    solution for the growth rate.

    Many Antecedents add to the shaping process, depending on the way one is
    forming the shape of the output set (from which is derived the final answer
    space) some of the Antecedents end up having no effect.