CFP FT&T2002

From: Martine De Cock (Martine.DeCock@rug.ac.be)
Date: Tue Sep 18 2001 - 18:24:34 MET DST

    WOULD YOU LIKE TO BECOME A SPEAKER AT THE

      8th International Conference on Fuzzy Theory and Technology
                         March 8-12, 2002
                    Durham, North Carolina, USA

                   Program Chair: Etienne E. Kerre
                      (etienne.kerre@rug.ac.be)

    THEN PLEASE SEND A 4 PAGES SUMMARY OF YOUR BEST NEW RESULTS TO
    etienne.kerre@rug.ac.be BEFORE THE END OF SEPTEMBER!

    Call for Papers

    FT&T 2002 is part of the 6th Joint Conference on Information Sciences
    (JCIS), that will be held in Durham, NC, USA, from March 8 till March 12,
    2002. FT&T 2002 will concentrate on the mathematical foundations of fuzzy
    logic in a broad as well as in a narrow sense and all kind of application
    domains of these fuzzy theories. More particular we will welcome papers on
    the following theoretical issues and their applications:

    * Fuzzy topology including fuzzy metric spaces and smooth topological
    spaces.
    * Fuzzy algebraic structures such as fuzzy groups, fuzzy rings, fuzzy
    vector spaces.
    * Fuzzy numbers and arithmetical operations, including ranking
    procedures for fuzzy numbers.
    * Fuzzy intuitionistic sets.
    * Interval-valued fuzzy sets.
    * Rough sets, fuzzy rough sets.
    * L-fuzzy sets.
    * Links between different models of imprecision and uncertainty.
    * Fuzzy relational structures, including fuzzy relational equations,
    fuzzy similarity relations and fuzzy orderings.
    * Fuzzy geometry.
    * Uncertainty theories including possibility and necessity theory,
    plausibility and belief measures, imprecise probabilities.
    * Logical operations, including t-norms, t-conorms, implications, fuzzy
    quantifiers.
    * Measures of fuzziness.
    * Defuzzification techniques.
    * Fuzzy measures and fuzzy integrals.
    * Fuzzy multivalued mappings.
    * Fuzzy differential calculus.
    * Fuzzy mathematical morphology.

    As practical applications we will especially welcome papers on fuzzy
    relational databases, fuzzy image processing, linguistic variables, fuzzy
    decision making and preference structures, fuzzy expert systems, fuzzy
    reliability theory, ...