Re: Programming Microprocessors with Fuzzy Logic in Mind

From: Bruno Di Stefano (nuptek@sympatico.ca)
Date: Thu Sep 06 2001 - 21:50:02 MET DST

    --------------0F12642EBD1E0F412487643E

    Thank you very much. It looks great. I am going to explore.

    Best regards

            Bruno Di Stefano

    Marc Schoenefeld wrote:
    > =

    > Hi,
    > =

    > I collected some more information about these books at
    > http://www.x-m-l.de/cgi-bin/topseller.pl?isbn=3D0121944557,0133684652,0=
    20118074X&Heading=3DFuzzyBooks
    > =

    > Yours sincerely
    > Marc Sch=F6nefeld
    > =

    > On Wed, 5 Sep 2001, Bruno Di Stefano wrote:
    > =

    > > Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2001 06:56:16 +0200 (MET DST)
    > > From: Bruno Di Stefano <nuptek@sympatico.ca>
    > > To: Multiple recipients of list <fuzzy-mail@dbai.tuwien.ac.at>
    > > Subject: Programming Microprocessors with Fuzzy Logic in Mind

    > > --------------7E08D194F9D6C1D7B1996764
    > >

    > > If you already know how to program a microcontroller, you can learn a=

    > > lot
    > > from reading:
    > > - Earl Cox, "The Fuzzy Systems Handbook : A Practioner's Guide to
    > > Building Using, and Maintaining Fuzzy Systems",
    > > 2nd Bk&Cd edition (October 1998)
    > > Morgan Kaufmann Publishers; ISBN: 0121944557
    > > (it contains a a CD-ROM that includes a Windows 95 fuzzy logic libr=
    ary
    > > with code to
    > > generate 32-bit DLLs for Visual Basic and Visual C++)
    > > - Constantin Von Altrock, "Fuzzy Logic and Neuro Fuzzy Applications
    > > Explained
    > > (Bk/Disk)", Book&Disk edition (April 12, 1995) Prentice Hall PTR;
    > > ISBN: 0133684652
    > > - Kevin M. Passino, Stephan Yurkovich, Stephen Yurkovich,
    > > "Fuzzy Control", Addison-Wesley Pub Co; ISBN: 020118074X
    > >
    > > There are many tutorials on the web. You can look at my two web pages=
     of
    > > links:
    > > - http://www3.sympatico.ca/nuptek/NuptekFuzzyLogicLinks.html
    > > (A frame of: http://www3.sympatico.ca/nuptek/)
    > > - http://www.ecf.utoronto.ca/~bruno/fzlnk.html
    > > (A frame of: http://www.ecf.utoronto.ca/~bruno/)
    > > They point to 12-15 web-based tutorials. These two pages keep
    > > growing, so soon they could point to more tutorials.
    > > These web pages are a collection of bookmarks. By their nature,
    > > they are constantly "under construction". I update them as often
    > > as I can.
    > >
    > > I remember also that there were two issues of the Dr. Dobb's Journal
    > > with some actual, working, code. It was around 1992 - 1993. Right now=

    > > I do not remember. If I find them, I'll send them to you.
    > >
    > > Best regards
    > >
    > > Bruno Di Stefano
    > >

    > > tristan punzalan wrote:
    > > >
    > > > Hi. I need help. I'm trying to learn how to program a microcontroll=
    er with fuzzy logic in mind. My main problem is how does one construct t=
    he membership function properties( width, slope, etc.)? Do you know of an=
    y sources that I could read or maybe websites that I could visit?
    > > > Thanks lots.
    > > >
    > > > ApexMail now registers domains! www.apexmail.com
    > > >
    > > -- Bruno Di Stefano ----------------------------------------
    > > Business: nuptek@sympatico.ca www3.sympatico.ca/nuptek
    > > UofT: bruno@ecf.toronto.edu www.ecf.toronto.edu/~bruno
    > > IEEE: b.distefano@ieee.org
    > > Private: brunodistefano@hotmail.com
    > > _____________________________________________________________________=
    ___
    > Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the
    > ark; professionals built the Titanic. -- Anonymous
    > =

    > Marc Sch=F6nefeld Dipl. Wirtsch.-Inf. / Software Developer

    -- Bruno Di Stefano ----------------------------------------
    Business: nuptek@sympatico.ca www3.sympatico.ca/nuptek
    UofT: bruno@ecf.toronto.edu www.ecf.toronto.edu/~bruno
    IEEE: b.distefano@ieee.org
    Private: brunodistefano@hotmail.com
    --------------0F12642EBD1E0F412487643E

    begin:vcard
    n:Di Stefano;Bruno
    tel;fax:416 925 7288
    tel;work:416 925 7231
    x-mozilla-html:FALSE
    url:http://www3.sympatico.ca/nuptek
    org:Nuptek Systems Ltd
    version:2.1
    email;internet:nuptek@sympatico.ca
    title:Bruno Di Stefano
    adr;quoted-printable:;;15 McMurrich Street=0D=0Asuite 1002;Toronto;Ontario;M5R 3M6;Canada
    note;quoted-printable:Nuptek Systems Ltd consulting in Fuzzy Logic=0D=0A
    x-mozilla-cpt:;-21152
    fn:Bruno Di Stefano c/o Nuptek Systems Ltd.
    end:vcard