Need proofs of approximation power of the 1st-order Sugeno systems

From: Vitaliy Kolodyazhniy (kolodyazhniy@ieee.org)
Date: Fri Aug 31 2001 - 20:23:58 MET DST

    Dear all,

    I am a 2-nd year PhD student. Currently, I am summarizing all my research
    and working on my thesis. The title of the thesis is "Control of stochastic
    systems using fuzzy-neural models". I have developed a number of adaptive
    control schemes based on the 1st-order Sugeno models, and now I need
    mathematical proofs of approximation power of such models. As it seems to
    me, most existing proofs deal with the 0-th order Sugeno-type or alike fuzzy
    systems, among them are the results obtained by L.-X. Wang, B. Kosko, V.
    Kreinovich, and many others. Intuitively, it is quite clear that the
    1st-order Sugeno systems possess much better approximation capability than
    the 0th-order ones, but so far I haven't found any mathematical work on this
    issue.

    Another important thing (in close connection with the first one) is
    estimation of the approximation accuracy with a given number of clusters
    (rules) with given parameters.

    Could you give me any links to downloadable papers? Though I would
    appreciate any help.

    Thanks in advance.

    Vitaliy Kolodyazhniy
    kolodyazhniy@ieee.org