Re: fuzzy logic and automatic transmission

From: Bruno Di Stefano (nuptek@sympatico.ca)
Date: Sat Aug 25 2001 - 14:22:10 MET DST

    --------------BCC1E50425EB30BC1FCEA282

    Hi,
    what you say leaves me a bit skeptical. However, you can read quite a
    bit about practical applications by looking at:
    - http://www.fuzzytech.com/e/e-ap.html
      (download: Constantin von Altrock, "Fuzzy Logic in Automotive
    Engineering")
    - http://www.fuzzytech.com/
      (look at: "Fuzzy Application Library")

    Look at the web page of my company: http://www3.sympatico.ca/nuptek
    and the subpage
    http://www3.sympatico.ca/nuptek/NuptekFuzzyLogicLinks.html

    Have a good reading...

    Best regards

    Bruno

    jok wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I am trying to figure out if I should go buy a particular car. I think the
    > manufacturer is using a control system based on fuzzy logic, but I keep
    > seeing some posts on this car indicating that there might be some issues.
    >
    > The shiftin from one gear to another might stall for a bit of time.
    >
    > Apparently, the factory will READ the firmware and maybe some data and
    > re-program the on-board processor in the car to fix issue. But, they can't
    > do this off of the production line. Only on a case by case basis.
    >
    > Anyone have experience in using fuzzy logic in a real world control system
    > and can share the potential hazards if the designers/system architects are
    > naive?
    >
    > Thanks.
    >
    > Jim

    -- Bruno Di Stefano ----------------------------------------
    Business: nuptek@sympatico.ca www3.sympatico.ca/nuptek
    UofT: bruno@ecf.toronto.edu www.ecf.toronto.edu/~bruno
    IEEE: b.distefano@ieee.org
    Private: brunodistefano@hotmail.com
    entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you receive
    this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from
    any computer.
    --------------BCC1E50425EB30BC1FCEA282

    begin:vcard
    n:Di Stefano;Bruno
    x-mozilla-html:FALSE
    org:Nuptek Systems Ltd
    version:2.1
    email;internet:nuptek@sympatico.ca
    title:Bruno Di Stefano
    tel;fax:416 925 7288
    tel;work:416 925 7231
    adr;quoted-printable:;;15 McMurrich Street=0D=0Asuite 1002;Toronto;Ontario;M5R 3M6;Canada
    note;quoted-printable:nuptek@sympatico.ca=0D=0Anupteksystemsltd@gosympatico.ca
    x-mozilla-cpt:;0
    fn:Bruno Di Stefano
    end:vcard