Re Fuzzy and Datamining

From: Wise (weiz@spam-block.sympac.com.au)
Date: Fri Aug 24 2001 - 14:48:49 MET DST

    Radford

    It is true that the Fuzzy Data mining system that I talked about could do
    with some
    improvement but "Fraught with contradiction" makes it sound as if
    contradicting rules
    are an undesirable Data Mining outcome.

    As a mathematics that aspires to deal with A.I. Fuzzy logic's ability to
    cope with what
    is a real world phenomena (apparent contradiction) makes it such an
    interesting tool.

    I knew nothing about Iris classification before the Fuzzy Data Mining system
    (in question)
    took a few minutes to work through some raw data and then explain to me some
    of the
    basics about how the plant characteristics related to its type
    classification.

    The point is that the data and the chore were boring, the outcomes were
    exciting, the contradictions
    providing both linguistic insight and necessary Fuzzy Model shaping rules
    that assist with predicting
    the consequent results of combining test data and the previously mined
    rules.

    Rob W

    <2001Aug16.113756.2673@jarvis.cs.toronto.edu>...

    radford@cs.utoronto.ca