Re: Request for guidance

From: Marco Pellegrini (IlPelle@rocketmail.com)
Date: Tue Aug 21 2001 - 11:59:31 MET DST

     I think you could try: www.research-sites.com
    ciao
    Il Pelle
      Prakhar Vaish <vaishprakhar@yahoo.com> wrote: Sir,

    My name is Prakhar Vaish. I am a qualified
    Electrical Engineer from Delhi College of
    Engineering,Delhi, India now working in a software
    MNC. I have had great interest in the Fuzzy System
    during my graduate studies and wanted to utilize fuzzy
    theory into areas different from its traditional
    fields of application, such as Control Systems.

    In my quest to understand fuzzy system to greater
    depth and apply the same in different scenarios. I
    have written a white paper on the application of
    "FUZZY SET DECOMPOSITION ALGORITHM TO PLANT LAYOUT"
    and would like to publish it.

    I would be highly oblidged if you could kindly
    guide me in this regard. I am sending you the abstract
    of the same for your review.

    Cordially,
    Prakhar Vaish
    FUZZY SET DECOMPOSITION ALGORITHM APPLIED TO PLANT
    LAYOUT

    Abstract:

    In this paper a novel way of applying the concept of
    Fuzzy Logic Plant Layout and design has been
    discussed. This algorithm uses the reasoning of Fuzzy
    set and judicially manipulates the mass transfer for
    one machine to another as the basis for deciding the
    appropriate position of the machine. As a thumb rule
    it takes that the machine from which mass flow
    (from/to) to other machines is maximum should be
    placed in a position, which is easily approachable
    from all associated machines i.e., should be placed in
    the center. Also if a machine has no mass flow
    directly from/to another machine, still both may have
    an indirect mass transfer via other machines.

    One of the main results is that a logical
    reasoning for optimum Plant Layout is obtained and
    secondly, it does not require numerous trials and
    errors on which conventional algorithm largely
    depends. Moreover the method can also be applied to
    multi-machine (more than ten machines) system for
    which finding an optimum placement usually is a
    tedious job.

    Make international calls for as low as $0.04/minute with Yahoo! Messenger.
    --0-654381695-998323765=:89575

    <P> I think you could try: <A href="http://www.research-sites.com">www.research-sites.com</A>
    <P>ciao
    <P>Il Pelle
    <P>&nbsp; <B><I>Prakhar Vaish &lt;vaishprakhar@yahoo.com&gt;</I></B> wrote:
    <BLOCKQUOTE style="BORDER-LEFT: #1010ff 2px solid; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px">Sir,<BR><BR>My name is Prakhar Vaish. I am a qualified<BR>Electrical Engineer from Delhi College of<BR>Engineering,Delhi, India now working in a software<BR>MNC. I have had great interest in the Fuzzy System<BR>during my graduate studies and wanted to utilize fuzzy<BR>theory into areas different from its traditional<BR>fields of application, such as Control Systems. <BR><BR>In my quest to understand fuzzy system to greater<BR>depth and apply the same in different scenarios. I<BR>have written a white paper on the application of <BR>"FUZZY SET DECOMPOSITION ALGORITHM TO PLANT LAYOUT"<BR>and would like to publish it. <BR><BR>I would be highly oblidged if you could kindly<BR>guide me in this regard. I am sending you the abstract<BR>of the same for your review.<BR><BR>Cordially,<BR>Prakhar Vaish<BR>------------------------------------------------------<BR>FUZZY SET DECOMPOSITION ALGORITHM APPL!
    IED TO PLANT<BR>LAYOUT<BR><BR>Abstract:<BR><BR>In this paper a novel way of applying the concept of<BR>Fuzzy Logic Plant Layout and design has been<BR>discussed. This algorithm uses the reasoning of Fuzzy<BR>set and judicially manipulates the mass transfer for<BR>one machine to another as the basis for deciding the<BR>appropriate position of the machine. As a thumb rule<BR>it takes that the machine from which mass flow<BR>(from/to) to other machines is maximum should be<BR>placed in a position, which is easily approachable<BR>from all associated machines i.e., should be placed in<BR>the center. Also if a machine has no mass flow<BR>directly from/to another machine, still both may have<BR>an indirect mass transfer via other machines.<BR><BR>One of the main results is that a logical<BR>reasoning for optimum Plant Layout is obtained and<BR>secondly, it does not require numerous trials and<BR>errors on which conventional algorithm largely<BR>depends. Moreover the method can also!
     be applied to<BR>multi-machine (more than ten machines) system for<BR>which finding an optimum placement usually is a<BR>tedious job.<BR><BR>__________________________________________________<BR>Do You Yahoo!?<BR>Make international calls for as low as $.04/minute with Yahoo! Messenger<BR>http://phonecard.yahoo.com/><BR><BR>############################################################################<BR>This message was posted through the fuzzy mailing list.<BR>(1) To subscribe to this mailing list, send a message body of<BR>"SUB FUZZY-MAIL myFirstName mySurname" to listproc@dbai.tuwien.ac.at<BR>(2) To unsubscribe from this mailing list, send a message body of<BR>"UNSUB FUZZY-MAIL" or "UNSUB FUZZY-MAIL yoursubscription@email.address.com" <BR>to listproc@dbai.tuwien.ac.at<BR>(3) To reach the human who maintains the list, send mail to<BR>fuzzy-owner@dbai.tuwien.ac.at<BR>(4) WWW access and other information on Fuzzy Sets and Logic see<BR>http://www.dbai.tuwien.ac.at/ftp/mlown!
    Make <a href="
    http://phonecard.yahoo.com/">international calls</a> for as low as $0.04/minute with Yahoo! Messenger.
    --0-654381695-998323765=:89575--