Expert System Architecture for Monitoring and Querying?

From: Bill Chiu (billchiu@undefinedsymbol.com)
Date: Sun Jul 15 2001 - 21:40:11 MET DST

    Dear Group:

    I'm building an expert system that is capable of receiving events and
    process them (forward chaining), and also solving a problem (backward
    chaining). What are the most efficient architectures for satisfying
    both of these?

    Are there any architectural examples of real-world productions systems
    for monitoring/administering systems I can reference?

    Bill

    p.s. Would CLIPS/JESS be sufficient?

    [ comp.ai is moderated. To submit, just post and be patient, or if ]
    [ that fails mail your article to <comp-ai@moderators.isc.org>, and ]
    [ ask your news administrator to fix the problems with your system. ]